Sometimes I just need a chicken potpie. You know what I mean? But I don't always have time to make the read deal. Enter this every-bit-as-satisfying substitute: chicken-potpie pasta, ready in about 30 minutes,,
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound penne or other short tubular pasta
- 1/3 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, diced medium
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Stir pasta into chicken mixture.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps