If you don�t have crawfish available in your area, this recipe works well with shrimp, oysters, or lump crabmeat. Just replace the crawfish with one pound of your seafood of choice.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh pasta (rotelle is preferred, but use your favorite shape)
- 1 stick butter (do not use margarine)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 to 10 cloves garlic, chopped (to your taste)
- 1 pound crawfish tails, boiled and peeled
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, then rinse under cool water. Drain again, thoroughly.
Melt the butter in a large pot and saut� onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the seafood and saut� for 2 minutes. Add the half-and-half, then add several big pinches of Creole seasoning, tasting before the next pinch until you think it�s right.
Cook for 5 to 10 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Add the pasta and toss well. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so over very low heat, stirring often. Serve immediately with hot French bread.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps