I just made this and it was AWESOME! I used minced garlic when I sautéed the mushrooms. And I didn’t have poppy seeds, but even without it tasted great!
For the Mushrooms:
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
For the Bread:
- 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
- 12 ounces Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
For the Mushrooms :
- Heat a medium skillet on medium. Add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until they start to sweat.
- Add the thyme and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Set mushrooms aside and allow to cool.
For the Bread :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust.
- This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
- Place loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Insert cheese slices between cuts.
- Pour the mushrooms between the cuts. Use your fingers to push the mushrooms down into the loaf.
- Combine butter, onion, and poppy seeds.
- Drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Cheesey Mushroom Pull Apart Bread
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps