photo by http://www.bhg.com
This is perfect for Holidays! Our Family love this Recipes.\
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 12 cups frozen pitted tart red cherries (3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Pearl or sanding sugar (optional)
- Mascarpone Dream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For biscuits, in a medium bowl stir together flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; chill flour mixture while making filling.
2. For filling, in a Dutch oven combine cherries, the 2 cups sugar, and the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until cherries release their juices, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Keep filling hot.
3. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, milk, almond extract, and vanilla. Remove flour mixture from the refrigerator; add egg mixture, white chocolate, and almonds. Stir just until mixture is moistened.
4. Transfer hot filling to a 3-quart-rectangular baking dish. Using a spoon, immediately drop biscuit dough into 12 to 16 mounds on top of filling. If desired, sprinkle biscuit mounds with pearl or sanding sugar.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack about 1 hour. If desired, serve with Mascarpone Dream.
Cherry Cobbler with White Chocolate-Almond Biscuits
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps