Amazing recipe - has become my husband's all time favourite and most requested!
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound linguine, broken in half
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
Preheat oven to 400. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (for pasta). In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
Make sauce: In same saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, gradually add milk, broth, and wine. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and add 2 cups Parmesan and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package instructions for al dente; drain and return to pot. Add sauce, chicken, peas, and mushrooms. Toss well to combine. Divide between two shallow 2-quart baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Freeze (see below) or bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps