This was super quick and easy… And yummy! I omitted the onion, but used minced onion when browning the hamburger. I halved the recipe since there are only two of us. Instead of layering, I mixed all the ziti and meat sauce together… I did add a layer of cheese in between, though! I also used shredded Parmesan instead of grated. My husband and I both loved it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) package Ziti pasta , cooked and drained
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven at 350
- In a large skillet – heat oil and cook onions for 8 minutes than add garlic and cook for one minute. Add beef and cook till no longer pink ( drain excess fat).
- Stir in sauce, chicken broth, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano. Heat through.
- Stir 1 cup of sauce into the “cooked” ziti pasta.
- Place 1/2 of the ziti into a 13×9 baking dish.
- Place 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Top with rest of sauce.
- Top with rest of pasta.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook till cheese is golden brown
Classic Baked Ziti
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps