GREAT recipe – I just put the items on my grocery list so I can serve them at my superbowl party.
- 1 package mini hot dogs (I used lean turkey with natural casing) or regular hot dogs cut into 1 inch pieces.
For the cornbread mix:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (vegetable oil or butter as a substitution are fine)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, applesauce and sugar
- Gently mix together wet and dry ingredients, stirring only to coat. Be careful not to over mix here or you will have tough, dry muffins. Just like with biscuits/scones the key is to be gentle with the batter. There will be small lumps in your batter, and that is perfectly fine.
- Prepare your muffin tin by spraying liberally with cooking spray. If your pan has the tendency to stick, consider using mini muffin liners.
- Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Be sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Insert 1 hot dog piece into each muffin
- Bake at 400 F in the center of your oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean
- Remove from pan while still very warm to avoid over-cooking
Corn Dog Mini Muffins
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps