I am loving this recipe especially the Buttercream. It has never occurred to me to add pumpkin to a Buttercream. Clever! will be making that for sure this weekend
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin (reserving 2 Tablespoons for buttercream)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Spice Buttercream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons reserved pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray two 9×5 inch bread pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a stand or electric mixer, place cake mix, pudding mix, oil, buttermilk, eggs, sour cream and can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips–mix all ingredients until well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide cake batter evenly into prepared bread pans. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- While cakes are baking prepare the buttercream. Place butter, reserved 2 tablespoons pumpkin and cinnamon into stand or electric mixer.
- Mix on high until well combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar until thick and creamy. Slowly add the milk until buttercream is a nice consistency. Frost over cooled cakes, slice and serve.
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Spice Buttercream
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps