Yum. This is a family favorite. My grandmother and great grandmother made this for as long as anyone can remember. We always had it at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. They called it simply “chocolate dessert” or “layered dessert”. They also always used crushed heath bar on the top instead of plain chocolate!
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
Cream cheese layer :
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream or cool whip
Vanilla pudding :
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding (5.1 oz or 144 g)
- 3 cups milk
Chocolate Pudding :
- 1 package of instant chocolate pudding (5.1 oz or 144 g)
- 3 cups milk
- Last layer
- 2 cups whipped cream or cool whip
- shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixer mix all the crust ingredients together and press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding as per the instructions on the package.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding as per the instructions on the package.
- In a mixer add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the cup of whipped cream. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Let the crust cool. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Spread the chocolate pudding over the bottom crust, then the vanilla pudding. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours so that it sets.
*** in a Pan
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps