Wow … that cake looks and sounds sooooo yummy!!! I have heard of using simple syrup to keep cake layers moist, but I like the spray bottle idea even better! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 cups of sifted self-rising flour (White Lily)
- 1 cup of whole milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (McCormicks)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour (3) 8 inch cake pans.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to cream for about 7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each egg is added.
- Add flour and milk (alternating to creamed mixture), beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla and butter flavoring to mix; until just mixed.
- Divide batter equally into three cake pans.
- Hold each layer about 3 inches above your counter and carefully drop the pans flat onto counter several times to ensure release of any air bubbles. This will help you have a more level cake.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes (depending on your oven) until done.
- Cool in pans for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove and immediately wrap each layer in plastic wrap to seal in moisture. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Once cooled, you are ready to assemble your cake.
Here’s a little trick to add moisture into your layers:
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to boil and boil for approximately 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour liquid into a spray bottle or pouring bottle.
Moist Yellow Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps