SOOOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS! I mixed some with Italian sausage also. I also used butter and added some dry red wine to saute and also loved the pastry.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 packages (5 ounces each) mixed mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box), thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough (still folded in thirds) to a 20-by-10-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, trim edges straight; cut dough into four 10-by-5-inch rectangles. Dividing evenly, mound mushroom mixture on one half of each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border on three sides. Lightly brush border with water; fold other half of pastry over filling, and press edges firmly to seal. With a floured fork, crimp edges.
- Using a wide metal spatula, transfer turnovers to a large baking sheet. With a paring knife, cut 3 to 4 small slits in the top of each turnover.
- Bake until golden and puffed, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes; serve turnovers with sour cream.
Mushroom Turnovers with Sour Cream
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps