Gorgeous loaf! I’ve never tried this combo together but it looks incredible. I actually have some ripe bananas hanging out in the freezer so I will most definitely try this soon. Well done!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup halved raspberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture; just until moist. Don't over-mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and then gently stir in the raspberries. If you want, you can sprinkle a few additional chocolate chunks and raspberries on the top to make it look pretty.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Bread
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps