Made these tonight as muffins - delish!! I added a little bit of cinnamon and baked them for 24 minutes on 350. YUM!
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
***Makes 2 loaves***
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanillla.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. (I found that after one hour, my banana bread wasn't completely cooked through. I ended up baking it for an extra 10-15 minutes.)
- Cool bread in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.
Southern Living 'Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread'
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps