I love love love this Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread with strawberry and goat cheese! Looks great and with friends will be tastier!
- 2 packages (about 5 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (between 110 and 115 degrees F)
- 3 cups of flour, divided into 1 cup increments
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- coarse sea salt for topping
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- good quality balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water. Stir to dissolve. I use a fork so I can mash and stir any yeast clumps.
- Add the flour and blend together until smooth. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- After the mixture has risen, remove the covering and stir in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, sugar, and orange zest.
- Add one cup of flour and stir to blend. Add the remaining cup of flour and salt and work together into a dough.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add up to 1/3 cup more flour and knead.
- Dough will be slightly sticky, and that’s alright.
- Clean out the large bowl and coat with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place dough in the bowl, and flip it over so that it’s entirely coated in oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead for just a minute, before pulling and stretching the dough into a 16×9-inch rectangle.
- I used a rolling pin to help me to this. Place on a greased baking sheet and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- When dough has risen, use your fingers to make random indentations in the puffed dough. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with sliced strawberries, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake bread for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden, crisp and baked through. I rotated the pan once, halfway through baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the baking pan, slice into squares with a pizza cutter and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, goat cheese, and fresh mint.
- This bread is best served within 2 days of baking.
Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps