- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) single cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Brioche loaf, sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) currants
- 750g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C place the milk and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook until just boiling.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually whisk the warm milk into the egg mixture to combine.
- Arrange the brioche slices in the base of a lightly buttered 8 cup-capacity (2 litre) baking dish. Sprinkle some strawberries and currants between the slices, then pour over the custard mixture and top with the rest of the strawberries and currants.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20-25min or until golden.
Strawberry Brioche Bread & Butter Pudding
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps