Thank god I have a huge chunk of pumpkin in my fridge, just waiting for me to make awesome pumpkin stuff
- ~3c cubed day old bread [not soft sandwich bread]
- 2 flax “eggs” [2T ground flax meal + 6T warm water, whisked + let sit for 10min]
- 3T pumpkin puree
- 2T almond milk
- 1T sucanat [cane sugar or brown sugar]
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/2t vanilla
- 1/4t ginger
- pinch of allspice/nutmeg/cloves/salt
- Preheat oven to 350*
- After flax “eggs” are ready, whisk in all other ingredients, in a large bowl.
- Add bread cubes and stir to coat with the batter.
- Spray individual bowls or pan [bread loaf size] with cooking spray. Also spray 1 side of foil that will cover the bowls/pan.
- Add bread cubes to bowls/pan, letting excess batter drip off.
- Cover with greased foil and bake for 25min.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5min.
- Top with bananas + nuts [optional] and broil for 1-3min, watching closely so it does not burn.
- Scoop out, top + serve!
*If you don’t want to eat this with any sweet toppings, I would suggest doubling the amount of sugar you mix into the recipe. The French toast alone is not very sweet.
Vegan Baked Pumpkin French Toast
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps