The recipe looks great!! I plan to try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing all your recipes, I just joined weight watchers and taking pasta off the menu was a sad thing for me so am soo happy to see you successfully can have pasta without overdoing!!
- 8 oz. whole wheat pasta (penne and rotini work well), cooked al dente according to package
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large jar marinara sauce (about 24 ounces)
- 1-15 oz. container of fat-free ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. reduced-fat Italian blend cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray or oil mister.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until softened and liquid has boiled off, about 7 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta, marinara sauce, and ricotta to skillet with vegetables. Stir until well combined.
- Pour pasta mixture into baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
Vegetable Baked Ziti
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps