I tried your recipe last night on the monterery chicken family loved it.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (5 lbs.), or one per person
- olive oil
- course salt
- 2 T. butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 T. light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. pecan pieces
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and halve lengthwise; slice crosswise 1/2 inch thick.
- On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with olive oil (we brush it on both sides); season with salt.
- Transfer half the potatoes to a second baking sheet; cook both sheets until potatoes are tender, tossing occasionally, 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with butter, brown sugar, pecan pieces and cayenne pepper, dividing evenly. Bake until sugar is carmelized and hard, about 10 minutes. Toss gently; serve immediately. Serves 8.
Butter-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps