I love the idea of using coconut milk in banana bread. Very creative!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour (use all purpose and increase baking soda to 1 tsp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (or shredded coconut)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- *I used 4 mini loaf pans, as you can see.
- In the bowl using a wooden spoon mix the oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the mashed banana and the coconut milk.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the wet ingredients. Start and end with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined. Stir in the flaked coconut.
- Pour the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes, when a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- *Adjust time if you use mini loaf pans. Mine took about 45 minutes.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Coconut Banana Bread
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps