- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1/3 cup plain flour, plus more for pan
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves, plus some springs for topping
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Dust with flour.
- Put butter and sugar in a bowl of a mixer.
- Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in thyme.
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with thyme and pine nuts.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- This bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps