This recipe was wonderful. We made it for an easy Friday night dinner. I followed the recipe exactly except used Truffle Olive Oil, which added a great flavor. Both dinner guests asked for the recipe.
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 5 1/2 ounces (2 cups) Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds medium or thick asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16-by-10-inch rectangle. Trim uneven edges.
- Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle.
- Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with Gruyere.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over Gruyere, alternating ends and tips.
- Brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Asparagus Gruyere Tart
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps