This the perfect appetizer to make in a pinch, and they’re sweet without being dessert-y.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and rolled to 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup raspberry or black raspberry preserves
- 32 frozen raspberries or black raspberries, thawed and drained
- Wedge brie cheese, cut into 32 bite-size squares
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Working with one pastry sheet at a time, slice into 16 squares. I start by slicing into four equal quarters, then slice each of those into four quarters to make each square the same size.
- In the center of each square, place 1 piece of brie, 1 raspberry and a dallop of jam.
- Wet your fingers, and run them along two connecting edges of one of the squares.
- Fold the far corner onto the near corner, and using two fingers, press the edges together to form a triangle.
- You may have to really press to make the dough stick to itself, and wetting the dough should help.
To make bundles:
- Wet your fingers, and run them along all four edges of a square.
- Bring the four corners together, pinch at the center, and pinch along the edges to seal.
- When all turnovers/bundles are created, place them 1/2-inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden. let cool 5 minutes, then serve warm.
Black Raspberry-Brie Bites
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps