Absolutely yummy! And lucky enough to have a teensy bit leftover for lunch today. Love the fact your recipes are 'homemade'-able. Am a Saffer living in Switzerland and found your blog whilst browing for SA food recipes...now linked as a favourite for regular access.
- 4 large skinless & de-boned chicken breasts (Left whole, cubed or flattened)
- 2 large leeks, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml (8.45 fluid ounces) cream
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- starch of your choice to serve
- fresh Parsley to serve
- olive oil for frying
- Heat 2tbsn oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken until cooked through and browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the leeks and garlic until fragrant and softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the cream, mustards and lemon juice and allow to simmer and reduce for 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and place the chicken back into the sauce.
- Season to taste and serve with the starch of your choice and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Creamy Dijon Chicken
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps