This recipe was wonderful. We made it for an easy Friday night dinner.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 cup chicken broth or canned low-sodium broth , heated to boiling
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed under a knife and peeled
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F. Lightly oil an 11 1/2 x 8-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade until the mixture forms a coarse paste. (The pesto can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 1 month).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds (a mandoline or food processor does the quickest work).
- Add to the boiling water and cook until barely tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss with the pesto to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the dish, sprinkle with one third of the cheese, and sprinkle with basil.
- Continue until you have 3 layers, finishing with cheese. Pour in the hot broth. Cover tightly with aluminum foil
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown, about 15 minutes. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Scalloped Potatoes with Cheddar and Parmesan in Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps