Omg i made this yesterday for my mother in law’s birthday and it was an absolute hit!!
- 2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 2 bulbs of roasted garlic
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced finely
- 5-6 baby bell peppers, diced finely (I used red & yellow)
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Prepare the roasted garlic.
Place the shredded chicken, roasted garlic, diced onion, diced bell peppers, chopped basil leaves, oregano, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste on a large cutting board. Chop all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese (I used part skim fat)
- 1 egg
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Dried Oregano, to taste
- Fresh nutmeg, grated, to taste
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked per instructions
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Roasted Garlic and Basil Marinara
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Coat a large 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.In a large bowl, add ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped basil, nutmeg, oregano, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Combine until mixed thoroughly. Meanwhile, cook the lasagna noodles per instructions then drain.
Layer a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Lay three lasagna noodles in the pan. Spread some of the ricotta mixture on the noodles, then spoon some of the chicken mixture on top and sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella; spoon some sauce over the cheese; repeat layering. Finish with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of basil or oregano.
Bake covered in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.
Chicken and Roasted Garlic Lasagna
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps