Whats gorgeous coffee crumble cake. I love this idea. Very clever and also very much full of differing textures. I am making this tonight….YUMM!
- 60g plain flour
- 40g light brown sugar or demerara
- 40g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 170g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbl (60ml) strong espresso or instant coffee, cooled
- 100g almond meal
- 100g self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (sifted with the self raising flour)
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and line a 20cm round baking tin (springform or loose-bottomed).
- To make the crumble, stir the flour and sugar to combine. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until coarse breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and coffee and mix to combine.
- Add the almond meal and fold until incorporated. Do the same with both the flour and baking powder and fold until combined.
- Spoon into prepared cake tin and level the top. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the surface and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean and the crumble is lightly golden.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes, before removing it from the tin and cooling it on a wire rack.
Coffee Crunch Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps