I’ve made this twice….the first I went by the recipe the second time I used cream of onion soup instead of the cream of chicken and left out the onions and it turned out great both times. My daughter just loves it.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 pounds of hash browns ( defrosted it frozen)
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese ( You can also you 1 cup of cheese and use one cup of Velveeta)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup ( 10 3/4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 – oil or butter a 9×13 pan and chop onions
- Melt butter in hot skillet then add onions. Once the onions are browning add the defrosted hash browns and add oil.
- Cook until the hash is browning and tender.
- Next take a large bowl and mix cheese and soup together.
- Place the hash browns in the large bowl with the cheese and mix.
- Place mixture into 9×13 pan .
- Pop the pan in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps