Why do these have to taste soo amazing?! That incredible taste.
- 1 Butternut Squash (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs / Panko
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Oven to 400
- Peel the squash (vegetable peeler works great). Slice it in half length wise and discard the seeds. Cut into 1/4” slices.
- On a parchment lined baking tray, pile the squash, drizzle the olive oil and the nutmeg and toss everything to coat evenly. All should have a thin coat of oil, amount may vary based on size of the squash. Spread them out in a single layer on the baking tray.
- You may need to use two, too much overlap won’t yield a crunchy crust.
- In a food processor (or magic bullet) pulse together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, both herbs, a few pinches of salt and a lot of fresh black pepper.
- Sprinkle the topping on the squash. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the tops are browned and the squash is cooked.
Crusted Butternut Squash
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps