I make this all the time- but tonight we covered it in strawberries (from our garden), instead of chocolate syrup. So delicious!
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 c. milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 (3.5 oz) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat butter and water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add flour and reduce heat to low.
- Cook and stir until it forms a ball and pulls away from the pan.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Spread in bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk and beat until smooth.
- Here's the trick, to keep things smooth: start with the cream cheese, give it a good beating until fluffy. Slowly but surely (while still beating), add the milk.
- Voila! Once these are well combined, add pudding mix and beat until thickened.
- Spread over cooled shell.
- Top with whipped topping, and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
Jean's Cream Puff Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps