- 1 package regular dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour (approximately)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl. Set aside.
- Scald milk in microwave. I put it in a 4 cup glass measuring cup & cook on high for a couple of minutes. You want it to boil but not boil over. While milk is hot, add butter, stir it a bit until the butter melts in the hot milk. (I accidentally used a whole stick of butter today & it turned out just fine.)
- After milk & butter cools for a few minutes, stir the egg, salt & milk mixture into the yeast.
- Using a fork, stir in sugar & 2 cups flour to form a batter.
- Add enough additional flour to make dough easy to handle.Knead dough on floured surface for five minutes. Add additional flour, if needed. Place dough in greased bowl covered with a damp cloth, in a warm place, to rise until doubled, at least 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into rolls. Place in greased 9x13 pan & cover & allow to rise again.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter & serve.
Mom's Holiday Dinner Rolls
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps