I love roasted potatoes but never thought to parboil them first. I'll try that next time.
- Potatoes Cut in to smaller size pieces (I use Russet Potatoes)
- A few tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Cut potatoes into cubes or wedges. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 3 to 6 minutes depending on size.
- While potatoes are cooking put oil in cast iron skillet or other heavy
- pan and heat in oven.
- Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pot.
- Put the pot back
- on the burner and shake to dry the potatoes and to rough up their
- This is what gives roasted potatoes that perfect crust.
- Add the potatoes to the hot oil , toss to coat and roast turning once or twice.
- When potatoes are almost tender sprinkle with fresh
- garlic and Parmesan, salt and pepper and continue roasting until
- potatoes are tender.
- Turn at least one more time for even browning.
- Just before serving, toss with fresh chopped parsley.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps