This cheesecake turned out beautifully! I didn't have a deep enough pan to do a true water bath (the water only came up about 3/4" on the side), so I baked it until the internal temp was 160 degrees. It was gorgeous!
For The Crust
- 4 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For The Filling:
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural-style)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, broken into small pieces
For The Topping
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
Please Note****Plan ahead--cheesecake needs to chill for at least 4 hours.
To Make The Crust:.
- Combine crushed Oreo cookies and peanuts that have been ground in a food processor with the melted butter.
- Pat the crust mixture onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
To Make The Filling:.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sugar, peanut butter and cream; mix until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, then fold in peanut butter cup pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place springform pan into a larger baking pan.
- Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 275°F 1-1/2 hours, or until firm and lightly browned.
For The Topping:.
- Combine the sour cream and sugar and spread on the cheesecake.
- Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for one hour.
- You may run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan somewhat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Ruggles Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps