Looks like a deliciously light and moist cake – perfect for a weekend breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature (if you use unsalted, add another 1/2 teaspoon of salt)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan and set it aside.
1) In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
2) With an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract until incorporated. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt – starting and ending with flour – and mixing just until incorporated. Gently fold strawberries into the batter.
3) Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 70-75 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4) Allow to cool 25 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps