This has become my family's favorite side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. My brother, who can't eat broccoli in any other way, eats seconds and sometimes thirds with this recipe :)
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside. Cut up any large broccoli or cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps