Great recipe!! Just cook the brownies 30 minutes (instead of 10 min). Very yummy!! I'll make this again.
- 9 oz. package Brownie mix (plus ingredients indicated on the back of the package)
- 1 package (24 oz) caramels
- 1 (5 oz) can of evaporated milk
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. and line the bottom and edges with foil
- In a small bowl, make the brownie mix according to directions on package. Pour into pan and bake for about 7-10 minutes until just set.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir often, and heat until mixture has a smooth consistency. Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture, and pour the remainder over the warm, baked brownie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture. Place cheesecake in a waterbath and put it into the oven.
- Bake cheesecake for 50-60 minutes, or until just set. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside until oven has cooled. Take cheesecake out and refridgerate. When cake is thoroughly chilled, loosen by running a knife around the edge, and then remove the rim of the pan. Heat reserved caramel mixture, and spoon over cheesecake.
Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps