This pan-fried chicken recipe combines the flavors of succulent chicken, tasty cauliflower and a mustard and lemon sauce. Pan fried chicken pieces are used in many different fried chicken recipes and chicken minute steaks, which you can get from most supermarkets, are used in this chicken recipe.
In this recipe, the cauliflower is baked and the chicken is pan fried, in order to cook everything as quickly as possible and to give the cauliflower a nice texture. Chicken can be cooked in many different ways and pan-frying is a great way to cook small pieces of chicken because you can use whichever kind of oil or butter you like and add other flavors.
- 8 chicken breast minute steaks, 3 ½ oz each
- 1 cauliflower, about 1 ¾ lbs, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 3 oz unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower into inch thick slices and overlap it in a small baking dish. Pour over ½ cup water, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Heat a large, lightly oiled skillet over a medium high heat and pan fry the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, in 2 batches.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium low heat. Add the garlic. Whisk in the juice from 2 of the lemon wedges, the almonds, mustard and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Bring to a simmer then season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Divide the chicken and cauliflower between the plates, top with the sauce and decorate with parsley and lemon wedges.
Pan Fried Chicken with Cauliflower in a Mustard Lemon Sauce
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps