So easy and so delicious! My family loved them. Substituted raspberry sauce (store bought) for a little different flavor. Love the caramel sauce though! Best part is that I feel like I can indulge a little without the guilt.
- 30 vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/8 teaspoon flake salt
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place cookies in a food processor; process until finely ground crumbs measure about 1 cup. Add oil; pulse to combine. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin well with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 packed tablespoon crumb mixture into each muffin cup; press crumbs firmly into bottom.
- Bake at 300° for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool.
- Wipe food processor clean. Place brown sugar, yogurt, and cream cheese in processor; process until smooth. Add vanilla, table salt, and eggs; process until smooth.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake at 300° for 18 minutes or until centers of cheesecakes barely move when pan is touched. Remove pan from oven; cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover pan; refrigerate cheesecakes 3 hours or until well chilled.
- Run a thin knife around outside edge of each cheesecake. Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan; place on a platter. Chill cheesecakes until ready to serve.
- Combine granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring gently as needed to dissolve sugar evenly (about 3 minutes).
- Continue cooking 12 minutes or until the color of light brown sugar (do not stir).
- Remove from heat; carefully stir in butter and milk (caramelized sugar will harden and stick to spoon). Place pan over medium-high heat until caramelized sugar melts. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; cool caramel to room temperature.
- Cover and chill 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Spoon about 1 tablespoon caramel over each cheesecake. Sprinkle cheesecakes evenly with flake salt.
Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps