This delicious, multi-layered coconut cake is courtesy of Robert Carter from the Peninsula Grill, in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 Coconut Cake
- Robert Carter's Simple Syrup
- Coconut Filling
- Coconut Cake Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread coconut flakes in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, 5 to 7 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes to make level; discard trimmings. Cut each cake into 3 even layers. Place four strips of parchment paper around perimeter of a serving plate or lazy Susan.
- Place one layer on the cake plate. Brush with about one-fifth of the simple syrup. Spread over 2 cups of filling. Place a second layer on top. Repeat process with the next four layers and top with last remaining layer.
- Spread top and sides of cake with frosting, keeping in mind you may not need to use all of it. Press toasted coconut into sides of cake; remove parchment paper strips. Chill cake at least 5 hours and up to 5 days. Slice immediately; bring to room temperature before serving.
Ultimate Coconut Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps