I just made this. Its absolutely delicious. My family polished off half of it within 10 mins. I added sliced apples to the batter and they are a beautiful complement to the cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non stick spray. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the buttermilk and vanilla in a measuring cup and set aside.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl cream the butter and white sugar together and then add in the eggs one at a time. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix to combine, then add 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture.
- Repeat this and end with the flour. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and top with 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture, repeat so that the final layer of cinnamon mixture is the topping on the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Bread
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps