A creamy white chocolate and orange flavored fudge. Cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator to set it up quickly
- 6 -ounces (1.5 sticks) butter shopping list
- 2- cups granulated sugar
- 3/4- cup heavy cream
- 1- package (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1- jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream (or fluff)
- 1- tablespoon orange extract
- orange (or a combination of red and yellow) food coloring
- Prepare a 13x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, and butter over medium heat.
- Continually stir the mixture until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Brush down the sides with a wet pastry brush.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and once it starts boiling, stir continuously for four minutes.
- After four minutes of boiling, remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the marshmallow cream and white chocolate chips.
- Stir until the white chocolate has melted and the fudge is completely smooth.
- Working quickly, pour about a third of the white fudge into a bowl and set aside.
- To the remaining fudge, add the orange extract and orange food coloring, stirring until it is a smooth, even color. It is important to perform these steps quickly, because the fudge will start to set if you take too long, and the end result will not be smooth
- Pour the orange fudge into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Drop the white fudge over the top by the spoonful, then drag a table knife or toothpick through the fudge to create orange-white swirls. You can spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray and gently press them into the top to smooth out the swirls, if desired.
- Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for 2 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To cut, pull the fudge out of the pan using the foil as handles.
- Use a large sharp knife to cut the fudge into small 1-inch squares. Store Orange Creamsicle Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, and bring it to room temperature to serve.
Orange Creamsicle Fudge
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps