I love sour cream in pound cakes, but as you know I don't make them much. This cake looks yummy and the texture on top is nice too!
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, I used fiori di sicilia
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Sift the baking soda and flour together. Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time.
- Add the vanilla and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps