Delicious!!! We all loved it! Reminds me of my grandmother's lemon cake/pie!
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crusts, I use Marie Callender's frozen. No need to defrost. No need to prebake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, (I usually add more)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (please use fresh)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups milk, I use 2%
- Put rack on lowest position in oven.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and sugar.
- Stir in flour, salt, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with milk until well blended, stir into lemon mixture.
- In another medium sized bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they hold distinct but moist peaks. Gently fold egg whites into lemon mixture. (Don't mix it too much.).
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- I always end up with more filling than will fit in the pie crust so I put it in a couple ceramic ramekins and cook it along with the pie.
- Bake on the lowest rack of the oven until the top is browned and the center jiggles only slightly when pan is gently shaken (45-55 minutes). If the crust begins to brown excessively, drape it with foil.
- Let cool before serving. But it's good warm too!
Dana's Lemon Cake Pie
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps