The cake was superb in its appearance but that pales in comparison to the flavor. Moist; the antithesis of a grocery-store-dried-out-stale cake. Skip picking up a sheet cake and make your own I say; and make a mayo cake! It is decadent like a wedding cake. Made with love.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1-1/3 cups water
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans*; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Frost, if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
*Or, prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk!
Super-Moist Old Fashioned Chocolate Mayo Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps