This lighter version was still a hit. I love the combination of strawberries, white chocolate, and champagne, such a romantic cake. Would be absolutely fabulous on Valentines Day or any special date night.
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- 2/3 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbs Champagne (I used Spumante)
- 3/4 cup cholesterol free egg product
- 12 oz Strawberry Frosting (I used Betty Crocker Strawberry Mist)
- 2 tbs Powdered Sugar
- 1 oz. package Sugar Free Fat Free White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 22 Grams White Chocolate chips or Shavings (I used Ghirardelli Sublime White vanilla Dream)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees or 325 F degrees depending on type of baking dish you use (refer to back of cake box directions).
- Grease the bottom of your baking dish with a non stick butter flavored spray. I used a 15 inch by 11 inch glass pan. You can use a smaller cake pan if you like and adjust bake time.
- Mix your cake mix with sour cream, eggs, and 1 cup of champagne according to package directions, usually for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Poor into your greased baking dish and bake until the center bounces back to touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake cools, you can prepare your pudding by mixing it with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup champagne & whisking for 2 minutes. Cover and leave in fridge until cake is cool.
- When cake is cool take the end of a wooden or plastic kitchen serving spoon and poke holes in the top of cake all over. Now spread your pudding on top of cake spreading evenly.
- Mix your store bought frosting with 2 tbs. of powdered sugar and 2 tbs. of champagne. Spread on top of cake and pudding.
- Sprinkle top with your white chocolate. Store leftovers covered in fridge. Optional: top cake with some whipped light cream strawberry flavor as I did
Strawberry White Chocolate Champagne Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps