Pretty streaks of green peek out from slices of white cake topped with hot fudge sauce and creamy whipped topping.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 12 drops green food color
- 2 jars (16 oz each) hot fudge topping
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 drops yellow food color
- Thin rectangular crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2Make cake batter as directed on box, adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mint extract with the water. Reserve 1 cup batter. Stir 3 drops of the green food color into reserved batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan.
- 3Drop green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto batter in pan. Cut through batters with metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan one-fourth turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
- 4Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 5Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over cake. In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, remaining 9 drops green food color and the yellow food color until blended. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge. Garnish with candy pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
Grasshopper Fudge Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps