What a fabulous Texas Roadhouse Rolls ! Love this idea.
- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 quarts all-purpose flour (7-8 cups)
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with a tsp of sugar; let stand until frothy.
- Combine yeast mixture, milk, ½ cup sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter (about the consistency of pancake batter).
- Beat thoroughly.
- Add melted butter, eggs, and salt. Beat well. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto counter and let dough rest.
- Meanwhile, grease a large bowl.
- Knead dough until smooth and satiny and put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. (I used the dough hook on my Kitchen-Aid to knead this for about 4-5 minutes).
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Punch down.
- Turn out onto a floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into desired forms.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F. for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Baste immediately with butter.
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Whip together with hand mixer until fluffy.
Texas Roadhouse Rolls
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps