Eggs combine with cheese, bacon, and bread to become a fluffy cheese strata that no one can resist! This is an easy recipe for guys who want to surprise that special someone with breakfast in bed!
- 12 thick slices white bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 12 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Toss cubed bread with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms, and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and mustard until smooth, then pour evenly over cubed bread. Cover dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove plastic wrap from the baking dish, and bake strata in preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and the eggs are set, about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Strata
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps