They are dense, rich, and almost melt in your mouth. They remind me of a flourless chocolate cake with a truffle-like texture and deep, dark chocolate taste.
- 6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 300F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Combine unsweetened baking chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until pieces are almost melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs until light yellow in color- about 5 minutes. Add sugar and blend on low until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture. Blend on low speed until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add flour and pinch salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Smooth surface with a spatula and spirnkle uniformly with chocolate chips. Bake on the center rack of oven for 45-55 minutes. The batter should be set and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. To cut brownies, dip a sharp knife in hot water and wipe dry. Use warm knife to slice brownies. Serve chilled.
Mrs.Field’s Super Fudge Brownies
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps