Our family loved a dessert we had at a local restaurant, so I invented my own version for a birthday party,, It was a big hit. It's simple to make ahead and just pull out of the freezer when you need it.
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 packages (7-1/2 ounces each) chocolate-covered miniature pretzels
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Place crushed pretzels in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Spread fudge topping over crust; cover and freeze.
- Set aside 16 chocolate-covered pretzels for garnish. Place remaining pretzels in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in ice cream. Spread over fudge topping.
- Drizzle with caramel topping. Garnish with reserved pretzels. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Note: If you are unable to find chocolate-coated pretzels, use 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, 4 teaspoons shortening and about 110 miniature pretzel twists. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until blended. With a fork, dip pretzels into chocolate mixture to evenly coat, reheating chocolate if needed. Let stand on waxed paper until set.
Ice Cream Pretzel Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps