This cake couldn’t be simpler – you can make it in a large bundt cake pan, regular loaves, or mini loaves
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup whole (or low-fat) milk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 3½ oz Angel Flake sweetened, shredded coconut
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 – 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and lightly flour a 9- or 10-inch tube pan. This cake is delicate so I wouldn’t recommend using a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer (on medium speed) to cream the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add in eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Stir in the milk, coconut extract and shredded coconut. Finally, add the flour, baking powder and salt mixture, and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the coconut milk, coconut extract and confectioner’s sugar until smooth, adding more sugar as needed to thicken the glaze (or more milk if you want to thin it out).
- Cool cake in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing. Drizzle with glaze while cake is still warm.
Coconut Pound Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps